One factor in generating business online is to have a pleasant looking and interactive website. Nowadays, many websites have overly simple or overly complex designs. The look of the website is key, however, web design also needs to focus on the interactivity, functionality and infrastructure of the website. There are many things to consider when creating a great website that can impress potential customers.
Check out ten key factors in creating a great website design:
1. A website should not take long to load. Regardless of how fast the connection is for the users, many lose patience when they have to wait for too long.
2. A website must possess excellent navigation. Navigation tools on a website are what keeps viewers on your site. Long web pages may benefit from using a list of contents, short links or anchor links.
3. Appeal to a wide customer base. Even though your intention may be to gear your website towards a particular nation or vicinity, it will likely be viewed by others. It would be wise to choose designs and color themes that the masses can appreciate. When choosing colors, keep in mind your corporate brand color scheme and make sure the two are complimentary and work well together. For instance, even if you plan on having a website design Toronto specific, you still need to keep the website universally presentable.
4. Make sure the main features are easily found and your website message is clearly presented. When users visit your website, they should be able to find what they are looking for easily and be comfortable navigating the interface.
5. The website should be simple and clear. Users rarely visit a website for its looks. They are typically searching for the content or information they need. Always choose a simple layout over a complex design for your website.
6. The TETO (aka: Test Early and Test Often) is a test often utilized by web designers on each website to help assess functionality and offer feedback that can be essential to improvements at later stages of the design process.
7. Avoid mistakes. Making simple errors in spelling or grammar is very unprofessional, and is likely to turn customers away from your website.
8. Keep the images small. Images on websites should be kept small so visitors do not have to wait too long for the images to load.
9. Organize your website based on a framework. Regularity, display design, associations and navigation are essential ideas in organizing a website.
10. The use of white space is an integral part of the design process. The use of white space may not seem important but it actually helps both designers and visitors understand the contents and navigate the website in a more effective manner.
These are some of the many factors that contribute to a great website design. If you are looking for great web design in Toronto you’ve come to the right place.