Your customers are @replying you on Twitter, they are commenting on your Facebook wall, and contacting you via LinkedIn yet you don’t seem to be listening. It is the most common social media mistake a business can make. You listen to your customers in your store why not online? A Business Insider article listed some of the biggest social media mistakes. Below are some of our favorites.
1. Not listening to customers.
2. Using social media for promotional purposes only.
3. Gave up – You just stopped updating
4. Not having a plan or strategy
5. “Making Assumptions” – you know what that means.
If you are doing any of these we recommend you clean up your act fast and pay closer attention to the billion people on the internet.